Tuesday 15 October 2013

bramble bramble

I will be the first to admit I love a good cocktail. Having sampled a LOT at university, due to the overwhelmingly good selection of bars found in York, I'd go as far as saying I'm a bit of a connoisseur.

I will also be the first to admit I love Made in Chelsea. I know I know, it's awful and the people aren't really real and the story lines are totally ridiculous, but there's something hugely absorbing about it. I want to watch Francis long board down the King's Road, see Phoebe outrageously flirt in a hot tub and get angry at Spenny's inevitably disgusting behavior again. Andy isn't too bad either... 

Last night was the beginning of the new series and it was also the last Monday before half term. The lovely girls Mel, Sarah, Heather and myself decided we needed to celebrate surviving six weeks of boarding school with a cheeky tipple. Mel and I had dragged our bodies to a bodypump class beforehand so of course the natural thing to do was cancel out all our good efforts and shake up a cracking cocktail. 

Brambles were on the menu. I've had a number of these over the last few years and they are so easy and so so delicious. We were armed with these ingredients.

                  


                  

I love the Chambord bottle- it's like a little grenade of blackberry-ness.



   
  

Firstly I got the glasses ice cold, you can pop them in the freezer for a bit or simply fill them with ice. Next, I poured a generous measure of gin into the bottom of a half ice filled glass. Mash up a handful of blackberries, give a good squeeze of lime (leave in the glass) and a few sprigs of fresh mint. Add a measure of Chambord....easy now! Give this delightful concoction a stir and top with more ice and a dash of soda water. 

                 


                             Et voila! 


                 



                   Chelsea and Brambles. The best mix.


             

Maybe I can win over Andy's heart with these babies..? 




L. 




*please drink responsibly- nothing worse than an overly drunkie monkey* 



No comments:

Post a Comment