Saturday 16 November 2013

arch house deli

Clifton is up there in my top five of cool places to see and do things. I love everything about it. It's beautiful buildings, coffee shops, delis and independent shops. Sarah and I had an excellent night out yesterday running around the city, jumping from bar to bar and drinking perhaps a little too much champagne. This morning, having slowly grumbled out of bed, we decided to explore the area.

Pantries are maybe my favourite rooms in a house. At home we have a walk in one- usually not very full of food but when Mum does remember to shop it's a haven of glass jars filled with exciting edibles, hanging wicker baskets and the usual chilly draft. So stumbling across 'Arch House Deli' was like entering foodie heaven. 

               


According to the sign in the door, it's been voted the best deli of the year. And I can totally see why.


   

                 

   

Breads, olives, oils and vinegars whetted my savoury appetite, whilst artisan chocolates, biscuits and tiffin sweetened my sweet tooth. 

   

   

   


The shop is wonderfully laid out. A huge wooden table in the middle is piled high with sweet treats and the surrounding walls are stacked high with jars and bottles. A little cafe is out back. Having a quick tea stop, Sarah and I discussed the pros and cons of having our own deli and how we could comfortably live in Clifton. Evidently I've seemingly become a yummy mummy overnight.... 


                

                

                 

   


I don't want to go back to school tomorrow, I'm having far too much fun. If only all weekends could be like this.



L. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time Elizabeth and thanks for your kind comments.
    David
    Arch House Deli

    ReplyDelete