Monday 27 January 2014

borough market

As promised here is a little post about Borough Market.

On our way through to the financial district, Sarah and I had a meander through Borough Market. I felt a bit like Bridget Jones walking under the tunnels (who am I kidding, I always feel like Bridget) and felt I should have gone on home to make blue soup and watch my two men fight over me in the streets.

I digress. 

Anyway, this was a super cool stumble-upon because I didn't, in fact, know where the market was before now. I have always been aware of this great little pop up market but never knew where and when it took place. FYI, Fridays and Saturdays and it's right by London Bridge. Ladies if you're lucky you can probably bump into your dream Suit on your way round. Meet him by the organic vegetables and get him to whip up a kitchen supper for you later that night. Who knows, it might actually happen. 

Here are a few photos of the market by street light. I loved it and will go back there again soon and have a proper sample of all the samples. 

    

                   

                   

This was pretty cool. I found this light installment under one of the arches. Lights explode like a firework, high above your head. The shoddy photograph doesn't do it justice. 

    

    

   

Artisan breads. Nothing better. 

    

This charming chap 'forced' me to eat some salted caramel fudge after taking the photo. I guess it's a tough price I'm just going to have to pay. 

             

                    

A whistle stop tour of a foody's heaven. Go, visit and gorge. 




L. 







        


No comments:

Post a Comment