Sunday 22 June 2014

turville

My last day off allowed me to explore another bit of the beautiful Chiltern landscape. You too have been here many a time, but you just don't know it yet! Turville is the most scrumptious (there's a clue right there) village you'll ever clap eyes on. It'll have you singing a Dawn chorus... (Another clue, I'll have you know..). It's Dibley beautiful...

Ok enough, enough! I'll tell you why and how you know this place. Turville has been in films and television shows from all across the years. I know it from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and "The Vicar of Dibley", and I have been assured, from a reliable source, a few Midsummer Murders have taken place here also...

   

   

   

We searched high and low but Geraldine she must have been hiding, eating a Crunchie or her fifth Christmas Day dinner or something... Even a puddle in the road was merely a shallow pool. I couldn't lose Mel that easily... 

                   

    

Before grabbing lunch Mel and I decided to scale the mountain to see the windmill from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". It looked steep, and I can confirm it was steep. I think we both had coronaries on the way up. 

                 

   

                 

                 

                  

The view was certainly worth the effort though! 

                  

                  

                  

   

The walk down was somewhat sketchy...

                 

You know that feeling when you lose complete control of your limbs? Yeah that happened. I flew straight down the hill and stopped just in time to grab a drink and some crispy crispy white bait at The Bull and Butcher. 


Well deserved! 

                 

                  

If you ever want to escape London for the weekend, hop on a train and go the short distance over to the Chilterns. It won't fail to blow you away and make you green with envy with is beauty! 



L. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment