Saturday 18 April 2015

mothers & daughters

This really will be the shortest of posts but it was such a lovely day I just have to share it with you. Plus there is a cafe recommendation too. 

My lovely mummy came down to London on Wednesday and I joined her for an afternoon in the blazing sunshine. She is a teacher and has been enjoying a well earned rest and thought a visit to the capital (and to see me) was the order of the day. Having worked for the morning I hopped and skipped down to Sloane Square to meet her in Peter Jones. There she was rummaging through the fabrics, finding all kinds of pointless, but beautiful, things to bring home with her. 

After kisses and hugs we headed to Duke of York Square for lunch at Comptoir Libanais. Oh wow. This was just so delicious and perfect for a light lunch on a hot day. We ordered the mezze to share and long cool lemonades. 

         

I think I'm going to try and attempt baba gannoush at home and maybe even some falafels too. I've already made the tabbouleh and it was crisp and zingy. I will share the recipe with you soon. 

We laughed and gossiped about everything- a well executed catch up. 

   

   

Yummy mummy!

We then wound our way up to South Kensington and the V&A to look at the jewels. I think we're both magpies... 

The afternoon followed with tea and cake and then drinks with the American, soaking up the last of the rays.

A perfect midweek treat with my beautiful mum.




L.

No comments:

Post a Comment