Thursday 18 May 2017

breddos tacos x som saa

At the end of April I visited my first pop-up of the year – Breddos Tacos x Som Saa at the Breddos Tacos HQ on the Goswell Road. Having tried neither before but knowing that I love a) tacos and b) Thai food, I knew this shouldn’t be an opportunity to miss. Together with Sam, Matt and Nick (The American was still lost in the books.. when will it end?!) we headed over to Barbican to spend our Sunday afternoon sampling all kinds of dishes.



We started with margaritas and beer before ordering pretty much the entire menu. Each plate was beautifully presented and offered a cornucopia of flavours.

Red curry short rib taco – melt in your mouth with a hint of sweetness from blackened pineapple


Curried cauliflower taco – unbelievably spicy which I wasn’t expecting but still delicious. Also pictured above. 

Northern Thai spiced larp taco - fiery as hell. 



Scallop tiradito tostada – perhaps the most Instagrammed dish of the day! And can you blame us?!



Mexi-thai fruit vegetable & herb salad – refreshing, crunchy and flavoursome. I could eat this every day.



Midnight fried chicken ^^

Mekong whiskey carne asada – a real showstopper, the meat was tender and brilliantly flavoured. Probably the highlight of the menu.




Leche fritta – a very unnecessary pudding but too delicious to resist (a fritter of condense milk with coconut).

The other weekend The American and I joined Sam and Matt again to sample another pop up – Division 194 at The King and Co. in Clapham to sample some of the best Po Boys around and celebrate Sammy’s birthday in style. I think pop-up season has officially opened and I am ready to sample as many as possible!



L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment