Sunday 31 December 2017

going potty over pottery painting

On a Saturday before Christmas Sophie and I met up at the Pottery Café on the Northcote Road for a morning of painting and gossip. We decided we wanted to do something festive together before we went our separate ways over the Christmas break and we thought a spot of pottery painting was in order. Neither of us had done this before but we both did A-Level art so y’know, what could go wrong?!

Having watched a quick demonstration from one of the lovely café girls we picked our pottery pieces and got started on our masterpieces. The pottery is all Emma Bridgewater so really good quality – I chose a half pint milk jug and Sophie went for a butter dish. I confessed to Sophie that I was very nervous I’d end up getting carried away with the sponges and paints and end up creating something that looked like a child had vomited over but Sophie reassured me she’d rein me in if I even remotely looked like I was getting sponge-happy.



I decided on a simple Christmas pattern complete with Christmas tree and snowflakes whilst Sophie created a farmyard scene for her butter dish – v appropriate. We chatted away the two hours and couldn’t believe how relaxing the whole process was and guess what – we didn’t even get too carried away with our sponges!








We both collected our pieces the Friday before Christmas and are thrilled with the outcome! We both decided we’d like to come back at Easter and I have my sights on painting two egg cups and Sophie is hankering after a flower pot or two.



I can't believe it's New Year's Eve yet again - where has the year gone?! I know I say this every year but I really will try to write more posts in 2018.. 

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!




L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment